Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Special day

To many of you today proves to be April 15th dreaded 'TAX DAY'. Ugh, well wishes to you - hope your results prove to be plentiful or at least you had a good time all year

To me.... it is a special day a day to remember my hero- it's my Grandma Spence's birthday!! Although we no longer have her her with us- her memory lives on!!

Oh how we all miss her. She was one amazing woman - so full of life and a giver. She made quilts for people all over - taught people to quilt - loved to travel - made friends everywhere she went - she started the family reunion that we've grown to love - Christmas in July!
Favorite things I remember about her - she wore rings on all of her fingers - some more than 2 on each and she clinked when she used her hands - as a kid, we knew she always had candy in her purse, circus peanuts, orange slices or burnt peanuts - she took the grandkids to walk to Mackinac Bridge on Labor Day every year - just G & G took all of us and sometimes we took friends too - she made quilts for every occasion in our lives, special quilts for each grandchild when they married including pillow shams to match, every baby born got a blanket and an inscribed silver baby cup - she loved Nascar - and rode in a car around MIS twice in her 80s - oh I could go on and on......my Grandma my hero.
I love you Gram !!

Have a Happy Tuesday !

3 comments:

Beth said...

Wish I could have known her. :)

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill H said...

i'm sorry she's no longer with you guys. those are some awesome memories though!! :)

My Blog List