Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

What is your favorite Halloween memory from your childhood?
Favorite costume?
  • Handmade costumes - I was a very lucky little girl - I grew up having a very crafty and creative mom that always sewed and made the BEST costumes!!
  • My favorite is definitely when I was very young - I might guess kindergarten or first grade-I was an adorable bunny - complete with puff ball tail and tall ears, painted nose and whiskers.
  • This particular year was a normal Michigan Halloween complete with drizzly rain and puddles. YEP, 'grace' aka Kandi bounced her little bunny tail right in a BIG MUD PUDDLE! I remember being so heart broken and upset! It was awful!!
  • However, my elementary back in the sticks and many moons ago always had a after Trick Or Treat party for the students, costumes judging contests, and many fun treats and games.
  • Well the MUDDY TAIL BUNNY won! ( which I did many years , thanks Mom!) The prize? a SILVER DOLLAR and if I didn't think that was the COOLEST thing EVER!

Wish I had a pic to share of the cutest MUDDY bunny to share - maybe someday Mom and I can go through those albums and start scanning some too!!

THANKS MOM! I know you are following along from TX - Miss you!! XXOO

Have a Happy and SAFE Halloween!!

2 comments:

beth said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE this post! I'm going to my blog right now to do the same. Thanks for triggering all sorts of awesome memories :)

Jill H said...

love reading your memories! what a fun post :)

My Blog List