Tuesday, December 08, 2009

new boot for Christmas?

Yes, just one BOOT.....and it isn't a cute UGG boot either!
I slipped 2 weeks ago on the basement steps...I knew something was not right....I felt a pop and burn when I did it!!
I finally got in to see the ortho dr on Monday....I have a torn Achilles tendon! it is 2/3 of the way torn...trying to let it heal now without tearing the rest of the way.....if it tears the rest of the way ....surgery for certain. I had 2 choices...a cast or a walking cast. I chose the walking cast which means I can take it off to shower.
I am in the boot for 6-8 weeks.....depending on how I am healing......
No laundry duty for me!!

2 comments:

beth said...

Maybe you can gussy your new boot up with some garland or mistletoe? :) Hope it starts to feel better SOON!!!

Jill H said...

oh no! hope it heals quickly for you!!!

My Blog List