Friday, December 09, 2005

Cherish the times

As you all know we woke to mounds of the fluffy white stuff and school closings. Much to Lil Steve's surprise, they do not cancel work for Mom's too! I think he was used to me working at the school, hence when school was cancelled so was work for Mom. :-)
Jake of course, sleeping like a snuggling bear cub in for the winter knew there was no reason to come out of his snuggy bed....no school to Jake means more SLEEP and his favorite kind of day....LAZY DAY with no obligations.
Dakoda, my hard nosed teen, woke with a huge grin knowing there was no school as he had been laying in bed from 530am till 630am hoping and praying that any minute now I was not going to appear in their room chanting "time to get up and rise and shine" as I do on normal school days. He grabbed a bite of breakfast, bundled up and headed out to make a path for Mom to get to work. He cleared the driveway, cleaned off my van, warmed it up and made a path to the van for Mom! Then as I was bundling myself up he gave me a lesson on how to get out of the drive without getting stuck. (all from a 13 yr old that has never driven in snow himself) As I headed out on my journey to work, my cell phone rang only to hear Dakoda's sweet voice cheering me on for not getting stuck and wishing me a safe trip to work. Followed by a sweet request to call him when I was safely at work so we would not worry. Oh my what a sweet young man he is....and for those of you that know him otherwise.....see, it is all a BIG FRONT when he acts so rough and tough....he is one sweet young man! I sit here at my desk wishing I could go home and give that sweet boy another BIG kiss and sit on him hoping that would stop him from growing another inch! Oh these are the days I will cherish forever!!

No comments:

Archives

My Blog List