Wednesday, September 06, 2006

back to school

Well we started on an awesome foot yesterday!! Everyone was up and ready in plenty of time...then it began! LOL (Jake and Steve are riding a bus for the first time this year....yes, 5th and 6th graders!!) We were standing at the bus stop and the bus rolled right past us....literally rolled....I could have thrown the boys on she was rolling slow enough...just never came to a stop!! LOL So I drove them and dropped them off....that was cool.
Dakoda started Jackson High- all was ok until he went to all of his classes and found no one he knew! Now he is bummed. ( told him to put on his big girl panties and deal with it.) I will help him if he really needs to get out of a class.....he is an algebra class with 10th graders that are repeating the class and he is UNimpressed!! :-) We had a great chat last night and he started today with a better attitude. (cross your fingers for me)
Oh I almost forgot ...... Jake and Steve rode the bus home yesterday afternoon.....LOL. The bus again rolled past their stop and our house....and they got off when the bus stopped next....which was up by Beth and Kyle's. Luckily, Jake has a built in GPS/ compass in his head and remembers directions when we go places - so they walked home from up there. I explained to them I was proud of them for handling the situation the way they did BUT told them that it is the bus drivers job to get them HOME! Go up and tell her that she missed your spot and she will HAVE to go back! LOL Jake said "no way! I would have been on that bus forever!!" LOL
All in all I , like you all, am so glad school has started! I was able to get dishes done, laundry changed over and the house picked up after my kids were gone and yet before I needed to leave!! ( the bus picks up at 635 AM and Koda gets a ride at 710 AM) LOve it.
Today so far went great! The bus STOPPED today and Koda left with a better frame of mind!!
Can't wait to get caught up on blogs!!
**Is it Novemeer yet??**

1 comment:

Beth said...

I CAN NOT believe they got off by my house and walked home! WOW! Way to go Jakob :) Hopefully today is nice and uneventful!!

My Blog List