Sunday, June 10, 2007

i love weekends like this

WOW! We have had a great weekend- we went back to house shopping - and oh my- I think we may have landed THE ONE !! guess what color the kitchen is? ahhh I will elaborate when we get closer. No more cursing my dream- and to those of you interested- it is in JPS district!! Not the neighbor to Beth - but still close enough for the kids to play / hang out!


kitchenfamily room in the basementliving roomlooking from the living room in to the kitchen- staitway to basement

I have tried some new recipes this weekend....and my family has been happy with fluffy full bellies all weekend. This one below is a new recipe I located online....I will share. And to be honest, cooking with beer scared me a wee bit ? but just like cooking with wine- the alcohol burns off during cooking so no big deal. Today I just put round steak (trimmed all the fat off) in the slow cooker on high with a bottle of BBQ sauce - as it cooked down and got tender I tore it apart with a fork and we had Beef BBQs. All 4 boys have been in awe this weekend...lol They even got a chocolate cream pie tonight for dessert- last night I made a weight watchers cream pie and they ate it but were not tickled by it. lol Of course no one passed either




My Kid's Favorite Pork Chops

Original recipe yield:6 servings


PREP TIME
20 Min


COOK TIME
1 Hr

READY IN
1 Hr 20 Min

6 pork chops ( I did 10 and used the same amt of beer and BBQ sauce) plenty
2 tablespoons steak seasoning
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
2 onions, sliced
DIRECTIONS
Sprinkle pork chops with steak seasoning. Brown both sides in skillet. After the pork chops have been browned, remove them from the pan.
Pour into skillet one can of beer. Stir around the beer until all the particles on the sides have been incorporated. Pour in barbecue sauce and place the pork chops back into the pan. Add onions and cover. Simmer on low for 1 to 2 hours.



Now back to the work week. No school - no activities. Jake will have band camp start Tues- Steve starts in July. Koda will take driver's training in July too, I think.

Hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weekend.

1 comment:

Beth said...

SOOOOO glad you may have found THE house...you'll have to give me details tomorrow! The recipes sound great. I can't wait for ball to be over with so I have a little more flexibility besides McDonald's and pizza...barf!!!

My Blog List