Sunday, July 29, 2007

a challenging start

Oh my!! did our Pleasant Lake Camping trip start out with a HOOPLA!

Everyone was ahead of schedule
We checked in early
Started hooking up

Neither of us had the right plug for 50 amp service? OH brother.
Called camper sales- NOPE not one
Called the office at the campground- she giggled and said we could borrow 2 for the week! :-)
Sent the kids up on bikes to retrieve - only one came back!
One crashed, one was standing by.
I start to head to the crash site....and here come two on bikes....one skinned up and bearing miles of road rash. (Steve II)
I started examining the damage- thinking a little Neosporin and bandaids will do after some scrubbing up- and then he pops off his baseball hat! and says- "UM Mom- my head is bleeding too!" SURE WAS - with a 3 inch gaping split!!
VROOOM off to Express care for staples and glue!!

*note= Steve Sr had just tried to get RXs filled after his ENT appt on Friday to learn that when I changed positions/ entities within Foote, they cancelled by insurance and forgot to reactivate under my new cost center!! So I battled with them all afternoon and they told me we would get it settled on Monday! I said to the gal in HR- I have 3 boys and we are going camping- WHAT IF? WOW- a preminition, I guess.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my gosh, and oh my gosh! Geez...what a start! Hope the rest of the week goes better!

Kristin said...

What a way to start a camping trip?! Not the way you want to begin a vacation. Hope things got better.

My Blog List