Thursday, October 18, 2007

GREAT NEWS! and sad news and ....

My great news to share...my Dad went back to the dr on Wed- expecting to plan the date, time etc to start radiation. They were doing frequent blood tests since the surgery and the last appt they were seeing a little climb in the PSA counts again....long story short....the counts have stayed within the norm range for 3+ mos and they have classified him as cancer free now. No treatments necessary at this time....just monthly blood work and no appts until after the holidays!! HOORAY! Talked to him again this morning and he had me tearful....joyful tears! He said he did not relaize how much the diagnosis had played on his everyday moods and feeling well UNTIL yesterday after the news, a busy day going all day long - he plopped in his E Z chair and he still felt good? Then he mentioned what a great restful night's sleep he got in!! Thanks to all for the prayers and kind words....they got us through!!

Sad news....my mom has left for her sunny beaches, warm weather and suntanned toes getaway!! She left early this year as they are going to a race in TX- huge Nascar fans!! Happy that she has earned the ability to do these winter getaways after years of hard work raising three kids as a single mom and working full time, but she is MY MOM and I MISS HER!!

More bummer news....no Cedar Point this weekend with the Hamlin's. Weather looks very uncertain so we cancelled the trip. No sense spending $350 on tix to walk around in the rain!! Both families made a Plan B just in case and the Barton's are heading to Muskegon to watch our favorite IHL (Muskegon Fury) team play hockey. It is the season opener- free tshirts to the first 500 in the door and autgraphs after the game. Boys are excited!!
Hamlin's are headed to Crystal Mountain!

Great news! Just 2 more weeks until the Crazy Croppin Chics weekend long crop! I am READY for a getaway but no pages planned or organized!! LOL Thinking about some pages and cards....maybe my Christmas cards? We'll see. Beyond the croppin....I just love the laughs, the friends, and having someone wait on me and cook all my meals!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Good news about your dad's tests....hopefully things will continue to progress nicely. I totally understand the missing mom thing....I don't think I'll ever be too old to miss my momma?! Cropping weekend sounds fun...have a good time.

Jill H said...

AWESOME news about your dad!!! and i can't wait for the crazy croppin weekend either =)

Beth said...

You know how I feel about all of this...so happy about dad, sad about mom, and ccc=laughing til I pee! :)

My Blog List