Wednesday, October 24, 2007

NO more !

Flu Shots for this chic!!I have taken one every year for the past 5 years and always been fine. Until THIS YEAR! Monday night I was very restless, felt warm - but the dr seems to think I am sliding into my change which could explain my night! Woke on Tuesday feeling BEAT and kind of warm again....went to work (had to gear up with BIG GIRL panties as I really felt crummy!!) Got to work and I felt worse and worse....my arm was swollen, HOT and I was now COVERED with hives head to toe!! Took 2 Benadryl. The nurse that gave it to me sent me to my dr.... YEP! allergic now to the flu shot...what part who knows. The dr gave me a steroid pack to fill and take if the symptoms continued. After work...just laid around and as the evening progressed my bronchials started feeling a burning like the beginning of Bronchitis and my voice went. BUT no trouble breathing YET. Called the dr....he said take 2 more Benadryl NOW and IF I started to feel short of breath at all....go straight to ER and fill & start the steroid in the morning!

Feeling like CRAP this morning....going to go in and try to do a half day....Jake's last game tonight too! and a dinner afterwards!! HELP! Going to go fill the steroids and get started....

Asking myself....what's so bad about the flu? I think I would trade this for that!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I had a similiar reaction to the Hep B shots they made all teachers get a few years back. By the second dose they told me never to get another one. Luckily the titer level was high enough I didn't need one. Sorry you got so sick....here's to a speedy recovery!

Jill H said...

oh my gosh, you poor thing :(
sorry you were that sick and had to work also!!

My Blog List