Friday, March 13, 2009

Stayin alive !

I am attempting to make the vow ... to keep this darn blog alive.

***************************************************************************************
03.13.09

No work today!! and it feels GOOD! I had planned to a vacation day (originally part of my vacation request when I was going to Florida ). I had no plans other than to spend the day doing what makes me happy...needed a stress reliever. ahh, then I looked at the calendar again and realized Koda had no school. Hmm, debated if I should switch to Monday....but decided I really would enjoy spending some one on one time with him EVEN more than being alone. :-)

I was called last night at 630pm by my mgr - asking me to go into work and do an urgent home care IV referral. I needed to get all the computer registration and paperwork done so the nurse could do the visit. This gave me a perk for today's vacation day....I only had to use a 1/2 day. :-)

Took the younger two to school today, which is a treat as they usually get on the bus at 635am!

Then I came home and picked up Riley and Koda. We took Riley to the vet and dropped her off...I finally just did it! It was tough as she likes to go there....but she had the saddest eyes when the girl took her from my arms and we walked away. Her surgery was around noon, I can call after 4pm to check on her and she can come home TOMORROW after 10am!

Koda and I went to Walmart and got groceries, took lunch to Steve at work, went to butcher (A&A II) and have been enjoying some awesome conversations all day long! He is getting so mature and it is awesome - and on the other hand it makes my heart hurt! I just cannot believe that he will graduate in a YEAR! ho hum! I love to hear that he now has plans for his future and they DO include education! ha ha he is planning a career in the medical field....physical therapy! He was very smart with his class choices now as well....attempting to get classes that will prepare him for college levels. Infact, we are meeting with the counselor to see about dual registration for next year....as he will have all of his required classes for graduation in by the end of this school year! ( I think I just sprouted 20 more SILVER hairs! just by typing this)

Koda and I were going to cruise up and check on dad today...but dad requested that we not come as he is having a bad day. They changed his pain meds again and he was not feeling well. Hoping they will come up with something soon that can help him regain a little of his mobility! It is wearing him out - mentally and physically.

Low key night planned...making a favorite dinner for my men...chicken fajitas!!

No big plans for the weekend. We will see what develops.

1 comment:

beth said...

Even a weekly post will keep everyone up to date and will keep track of what and where you've been! Sounds like a good week...and a good day off with Koda. Those are so nice sometimes!

Miss you!!! Beth

My Blog List