Wednesday, March 04, 2009

O' Barton"s Where Art Thou?

Seems I have lost focus on my blog as I felt life was extremely boring and not much to post other than work, wrestling, and my unorganized crop I am planning to have this weekend.

Then I was inspired by a special friend of mine...to just blog , for ME! Blog what makes me happy!

This week...what makes me happy?
  • the fact that I have a full time job with benefits and it appears to be secure
  • my boss called me in for a private meeting twice this week to compliment my accomplishments and willingness to learn new tasks and conquer them with little or no training! (this helps #1)
  • I won a $50 gift card for 'logo wear' from Allegiance for 'outstanding work ethics' - we have an ongoing program called Steps to Excellence and my boss put my name in for the prize drawing - and believe it or not I am excited as they have some cute hoodies
  • I have lost 17 lbs in just under 4 weeks
  • I was able to catch the meet tonight in Lansing which I had debated going to....felt like I needed to stay at work since we are short handed as well as I needed to complete the details for the crop.
  • I am hosting a crop at Jackson High to raise $ for the wrestling program that is such a huge part of my life now. I now have 16 ladies = $400 for my guys!
  • Jake and Steve wrestled tonight in Lansing - it makes me happy to see them enjoying the sport! They both were up against big fellas tonight. Steve held strong for 2 periods...and then got tired and got squished. Jakob was up against a small tank....the boy weighed 247#- 50 lbs more than Jake....but Jake took the pin to win!
  • Just a few highlights of my week so far....
  • OH and a new book I got....Love & Respect- liking it!

Bummer note....just before Steve went out to wrestle tonight...my camera DIED! I was devastated! Missed BOTH boys. :-( I was unsure if it croaked totally or if it was the battery....put it on the charger when I got home....and all is well. Shopping online now to find a back up battery!

2 comments:

beth said...

You won a prize? Awesome :) Love this post! :) :) :)

Jill H said...

congrats on losing the lbs!!! gosh, I wish mine would go somewhere. love title of this post, too funny. have a good weekend!

My Blog List