Saturday, February 21, 2009

updates and thank you's


First of all...Thank you to all of you for my awesome cards, gifts and birthday wishes! I am happy to say that I have decided to be fond of my new age ...39 and will continue to hold on to it until something smaller comes along.


Updates=



Spent the day in Coldwater - middle school wrestling tournament. This invite was individuals not team. They allowed one wrestler per team per weight class. Steve was chosen as he had the most experience and most # of matches in so far for his weight class. ( the weight class he shares with his brother - even though they weight 15 lbs different)



The boys were warming up- Steven got hit hard in his ribs. (those ribs that we hoped were nicely healing after the last crack up!) Took him out. I, the mom, told the coach to make him wrestle and be tough. They could not change wrestlers...if Steve did not wrestle then it would just be a forfeit for Jackson all across the tournament for that weight class. So....the coach approached us with a new idea. Since everyone confuses my boys for twins(?) how about we just let Jake wrestle as Steve? Whatever. Jake wrestled under his brother's name and took 5th place. Jake did all the work and Steve got the credit. :-) If you win, you have to sign a paper at the scorekeeper's table...Jake had to be reminded that HIS name is S T E V E Barton. Oh my.



Parkside took 2 second place medals, 3 5th place spots.



Meet at home on Wednesday.....Saturday in Bellevue.





Jackson High wrestlers were at districts today in Saline. We have 2 wrestlers that are heading to regionals next weekend at Everett. Nick Martin and Emil Lee.



SNOW! It was expected to be about an inch an hour...however, we only got about 3 inches here in Jackson. I understand across the lake ( Tonya ) and north of us ( Beth ) and ( Chelle ) received a much thicker blanket than we did.



However, there was a terrible accident on I94 in Jackson County. Many cars and several people were sent to Allegiance Health. Which explains why I had a message on the answering machine when I got home requesting a call back to the supervisor on call if I was available to come into to work as they had put the disaster plan in place- which means they call asking for those not working to be available if needed to assist. WOWZA! However, I was home too late.

That was a first....always been involved in the drills but never actually had a call for real. Scary!


Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.

1 comment:

beth said...

Dude. Please post again. I forgot to comment here. Looks like you had a crazy birthday full of boy stuff. Miss you a BUNCH!!!

My Blog List