Sunday, May 10, 2009

YUM-O


I went to my mom's yesterday....and filled a cooler with 20# of this wonderful green weed - as some of you refer to it. I love asparagus- it may have something to with my roots? Growing up in Oceana County in Western Michigan - in a community that has a festival in honor of this awesome green yummy vegetable. 06/12/09 - 06/14/09

Infact, yesterday we took my mom out to lunch at the Stony Lake Inn - which used to be the bar/restaurant that my grandparents owned back in the 70s. We had deep fried asparagus as an appetizer. It was AWESOME! It was a lot of fun - we laughed and reminisced sharing our fondest memories of way back when. My fondest memories of when my grandparents owned it.....napping in the booth after kindergarten! :-) We missed Bill and his family though.....he was sent to Indiana for work unexpectedly on Sat morning. :-(

My mom gave me a new recipe for asparagus....planning to make it this weekend.
How was your Mother's Day weekend?

2 comments:

Jill H said...

mmm, sounds good! great picture too, so pretty :)

sounds like a great day for you! mine was ok, a little frustrating but overall good!

beth said...

Um, gross. Ranks right up there with avocado? :) And please, Jill, no way you eat asparagus!! :) Hope you had a nice time with your momma!!

My Blog List