Tuesday, June 24, 2008

storm watcher

Had a great weekend up north - got 20#s of fresh asparagus from a roadside cart. My favorite part -My niece was amazed that people just put asparagus out in their yard on a cart, with a scale, bags and a cash can. They post a price on cardboard and people buy it all!! Dad, Alyssa and I drove up to New Era to get the good stuff....asparagus must be grown in Lake MI sand to taste the best!!

OH how I would love to move back up to the 'honest land' where no one sleeps with their doors locked - we never had a deadbolt or extra chain on our doors, infact they were only on the movies - no one I knew had them on their doors??













Can you see the DOUBLE rainbow in the first pic? I love chasing the storms that come in over Lake MI.


another rainbow and eerie yellow skies.
The baby shower was awesome too. Although Ava (my new great niece ) slept through the shower - lucky for me I went early and was able to snuggle with a new baby for about a half hour. Oh the sweet smell of a new baby!! Nothing better.
I hitched a ride with my mom to the shower....which gave us about an hour each way to talk and catch up. Love ya Mom!!
I miss HOME!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend home, and hope you get to go home again soon!

My Blog List