Sunday, June 18, 2006

Busy week

Sorry no regular posts...life has been a little crazy! I really miss bloggin! This past week was a little crazy, *Keitha my friend/co-worker that is getting married next Sat came to work Monday with a BROKEN FOOT! She will get married next Sat with an air cast on, she broke the long bone on the outside of your foot at her bachelorette party, stepping off a step she missed the next one. SOBER at that!! anyway, this means double work for me, as I am her cover when she is away! *My boss accepted a new job over at the hospital so we took her to lunch Thursday, then Friday threw her a potluck/farewell. *Kids had a dentist appt....all great reports; however Dakoda will be heading back to the orthodontist soon and he will be having a tooth pulled he has a baby tooth that does not have an adult tooth under it.??weird huh?? Friday we ran up north for the weekend....Father's Day/ Alyssa's bday
Saturday morning Steve, Dad, the kids, my brother Tim and his wife, Barb all went fishing, they left at 5AM! I met my mom and we went shopping together...it was a blast. I think it was the first time she and I ever went clothes shopping together since I realized my mom was cool. LOL (I think the last time was when I was in school!) We ran out of time to play....we had to go to Alyssa's bday party! She had a nice bday party at home with several friends and family, then Sat night we went bowling!
Today I made breakfast for the crew.....11 of us, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, milk, OJ and fruit! Shortly after I cleaned Pa's kitchen we ran for home. Time for a little R & R before we go back to work.

Another fun filled weekend almost over..how time flies when you're having fun!! Here was our weekend at a glance.



Steve and Tim with Steve's Big Lake catch
9.5# steelhead



Jake had fun learning how to fight and reel in a BIG lake catch,

however it broke loose just before they could get it in the boat!

Alyssa and Miah shared a birthday- they have been best of friends for about 7 yrs.

Miah moved to Detroit last year- her Daddy is a State Police officer and is now working with a K9 partner.

It was nice the girls were able to have a party together and have their friends all there too, Miah had her birthday a week before and Alyssa's is Today. 11 yrs ago it was also on Father's Day when she was born, made my brother one happy Daddy! She is his one and only, so far!

**Giggle note for all of you....Sat was the first time Jake and Stevie had been out to fish the Big Lake. The waves were 2-4 ft, so you can imagine it was a little wavy- and all three of my boys were ghostly white and puking! Jake was only one that came out of it and actually wanted to fight a fish...as you can see above. Stevie says he is not meant to be a fisherman for the big lakes now...I doubt we will get him back out again soon. Jake says he is going again as he promised his bud, Cory he would take him Big Lake fishing someday! Koda has gone before and says it was a fluke! LOL Gish golly I think I loved my shopping trip even more after I got that phone call!! LOL

Hope you all had a great weekend.


3 comments:

Kristin said...

I am with the boys...no waves for me!! I wouldn't ever go fishing again if I puked. Glad you had fun shopping and sorry to hear about your friends broken foot.

Beth said...

Lunch this week??? Great pictures, and eww, puke and waves, no thanks. Cory would probably love it though!

Glad you had a good weekend :)

Jill H said...

oh my goodness, look at that fish!!
looks like fun! except the puking part. yucky.

glad to see you post again :)
sounds like a very fun & busy weekend.

My Blog List