Friday, June 09, 2006

I'm NOT ready!

2010.....I will turn 40, my oldest son will graduate high school at 17!
Help me friends!!
We had 8th grade graduation last night at Paragon...it was amazing. They did a power point presentation of many shots from the school year as well as each student's name appeared on the screen then from preschool to present their school 'mugshot' flashed....I was choked up a bit, tears welled up......oh my cheesy grinning little freckled fac baby is now a young man! OUCH it hurts....where does time go?
He did an amazing job.....they had to give a projected idea of a career and a college(they were given a tshirt from that college they chose).....they chose awhile back when my angel was having a bit of a rough time with an 'attitude!
(really, he had an attitude, thought I could sense you all a little surprised at the thought! HA!!)
So when they called them up for their 'diploma' they also stated their career choice and college. I was scared!!
Dakoda Barton, constuction management , University of Texas! I knew it was going to be off the wall! My dad was a little surprised when I laughed ....and he asked U of T? I said "oh I am sure it was because it was the one furthest away from home!" When all was said and done...I asked why U of T and he said just what I had said....and the career....he said he just made up something as he was not in the mind set at the time to make that sort of decision.
The grand finale...all the girls hugging and squeezing my baby and he was a bit choked up with emotions...and he told me that one year was not enough to get to know all those kids...he wished he had more time!!??? It was amazing.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Awwwww! Glad you're blogging again, missed you!!

Jill H said...

wowsa, that's only 4 years away!!
can't even believe one of your boys will be graduating then. and we'll just ignore that you'll turn 40 that year. i promise ;)

Kristin said...

I am with you babe on the 2010 graduation...but not on the 40 part (that will be here in, oh, 6 months) It is neat to watch them become young men. Kirk has really taken this getting in shape for football thing seriously this summer. He was up running on Sunday before we were out of bed?! Hmmm???

My Blog List