Monday, December 10, 2007





What a Sunday. The boys hung the lights outdoors .
Mom, Steve outlined the peak of the house with Grandma's purple lights. He thought I would enjoy the memory!! :-) good boy!!
Riley could not stand being inside missing all the fun so we bundled her up in her fleece coat from Grandma and she got to go outside for a little while. (tonsillitis and an upper resp infection? ugh!)
I just love my wreath...it is a fresh one that Paragon was selling.
I baked for a few hours yesterday(wearing my snowman apron my mom made me)....peanut butter fudge from scratch....a little stumped when the recipe suggested I cook the base until it reached the soft ball stage? I asked Steve and he could only tell me that a soft ball was a little bigger than a baseball, no help. I guess my guess was ok because it is soft, creamy very yummy peanut butter fudge. We also baked sugar cookies and candy cane bark. Tonight I made cowboy cookies, snow swirled fudge, and Cheerio bars and the kids decorated 3 dozen sugar cookies. (Mom, Steve was coloring frosting tonight with food coloring for the kids....and he made purple frosting accidentally.....the boys were all certain there was a reason....like the lights on the house......Grandma is watching over and helping us decorate this year!! Grandpa must be golfing?)
Have just 2 more kinds of cookies to make before Saturday....snowballs for Bill and mint chocolate chip cookies for Tim! (brothers)

3 comments:

Beth said...

Love your apron, and cowboy cookies rock :)

Kristin said...

Holy confection connection! You rock Ms. Kandi....I was pretty excited to find the break off sugar cookies for Konnor that had no milk last week.

Jill H said...

very cool pictures! lil' miss Riley is adorable. love that apron too!!

My Blog List