Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mesenteric Lymphadenitis

Steve does not have kidney stones...he has the above. Huh what? It is an infection in the abdominal lymph nodes. Not all that uncommon in teen boys. (it even says that on the internet) However, I had not ever heard of it, have you?
Leave it to my boys to teach me something new. Steven had a trip to the ER last week and they debated between his appendix and kidney stones.....and when we left they called in kidney stones. The pain came back was horrible again with a fever....took him to our doc today and he sent us for a STAT CT Scan. I was with Steve at the hospital from 1030am to 2pm......the dr called in to give us the results....and he rattled off that big old name above.....then broke it down for me.
On antibiotics now and back to the dr on Wed!

I am off to a wrestling meeting at J High.......Ta da......and tomorrow BOTH jobs!!

1 comment:

beth said...

Glad you got Steven on the mend!! You can do it tomorrow...a long day but you can do it!!! xo

My Blog List