Sunday, November 08, 2009

the chef is in!!

The chef is in da house!
I have spent the whole weekend wither buying food or preparing food.....here's a list of what I have made so far.....
Yesterday
white choc macadamia nut cookies- the kind from the fundraisers
Choc chip cookies - break n bake
PB & J cookies - homemade and a HIT
individal pizzas for dinner....including a Buffalo Chicken pizza that they all loved

Today
choc chip pancakes/ pumpkin pancakes - for the boys
Bagel/egg/bacon sandwiches for Steve and I
Ham spread for sandwiches - thanks Mom for the hand grinder - we LOVE IT and the boys had fun cranking
Homemade Bean Soup - smells so good simmering
Pumpkin Crunch Chex Mix for lunches and afterschool snack

and I am heading back to the kitchen to work on next week meal preparations....burger time! Fry some and season some, patty some and ????
I am trying to make the actual cooking on the weekdays simple as our schedules are growing more complicated. I am working at Michaels right after my FT job tomorrow and Friday....so I will home close to 10pm. PLUS it is hunting season! I really do want them to be able to go and enjoy the season they love. It is tough to not start hating the season as men do not know how to balance hunting and anything else. errrg!

OH! I need a dessert to take Tuesday night.....hmmm, what can I make? or can Steve make Tuesday after work? Brownies? Something fall-ish but easy!
*edit http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/praline-pumpkin-dessert/a9e39b15-e1ce-49ee-b0a5-63da75ce72cb Thinking this is what I am making for Tuesday!! :-)

I'll be back! XOXO

1 comment:

beth said...

I'll have what you're having...you'll do great with another job...you are amazing!

My Blog List