Saturday, November 14, 2009

What a week

Steve II - kidney stones. 4 hours in the ER on Thursday night. IVs, drugs for pain, blood work, urnine sample, etc Yesterday started a little rough but as the day moved on so did that stone! And I had my normal kid back last night....causing havoc with his brothers and stirring up trouble.

Dad- took him to the U of M appt yesterday. Love that doctor. She is the clinical instructor as well as a dr at the clinic...she is so smart and boy she looks the part too. They have ruled out neuropathy as his diagnosis....found some protein in his blood work. Therefore 19 more vials were taken yesterday and we need to see a hemotolgist in Muskegon as soon as possible. The type of protein found can be a link to bone marrow cancer and it fits many more of his symptoms. (made him a little more nervous, of course, to hear that 'C' word again!! ) He is scheduled for a spinal tap and 3 CT scans in a couple weeks at the U of M. This dr is on a mission to figure out 'what is going on'...FINALLY! :-) You can just see it in her....she is a 'prove it to me kind of gal' ....my kind of girl....love it.

Koda - senior pics are back...loving them!! He is busy at school and hunting. I think he still lives here? Not liking that he is so independent now days. Where did the days go? and he is full wrestling mode....season starts Monday and he is pumped!

Jake - not wrestling. Planning to just do the weight lifting program that starts after Thanksgiving break through the winter then on to baseball and back to football. However, he is still being challenged and prodded to wrestle...so we will see?

Me- who am I? the crazy lady that is on the go trying to keep her days straight? Oh yeah, that IS me. Life is good. Busy is good. Started my new job at Michaels...fun but seems as though they are having issues with scheduling me? ha ha I told them I could NOT work on Wed and Thurs....called on Wed to get my schedule for this coming week....she said quite cheerfully we have you on Wed and Thurs from 530 to close. HUH? Believe me, I know scheduling is a challenge and can be trying, as I schedule 35 nurses, HHA, therapists but it was on paper and in the computer - we checked the week before? lol Oh well. I am working Thursday THIS time but cannot on Wed as that is a big meeting about the TX hold em tournament fundraiser we are hosting and working at!!
Life is good. It's all good. lol

Steve Sr- hmm? thinking he is the man that comes around here sometimes? Hunting, working, hunting, working, and sometimes he stops in for a meal with us.

They are all going hunting tonight....setting up a little 'deer camp' so they can spend the night out there together and such. I am not complaining.....house to myself with just my little girl, Riley! (however, I am working noon-4p in intake (normal office job) today....so I may not see them before they go?)

Have a great weekend

No comments:

My Blog List