Monday, March 06, 2006

Keeping Grandma Warm


I made a fleece blanket for Steve's Grandma for her birthday. They are the snuggliest cuddliest gifts you could give. And oh my so darn simple. No sewing involved- just cutting and tying knots! I made a queen size fleece double sided blanket in one afternoon. His grandma is always cold and napping often- this was the one thing that popped in my mind when I thought about her upcoming birthday. She loved it !! Thinking I may get started on a few more here sometime soon.
Watching for fleece to go on sale!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Will you teach me how? I have always wanted to make them, and maybe I could make them for all the kids (x6) for christmas? This one is beautiful!!!

Kasandra said...

I would love to teach you! It is so simple...maybe on one of our lunch dates we can make a trip to Walmart or Joanns and get the fleece to get you started!! I have patterns for two different kinds....the ones with the tied knots or one that folds into a pillow. (the pillow one takes a small amount of sewing...and you can borrow my machine! if you choose that one.)

Kristin said...

That looks like it would be fun to do...maybe we could have a blanket making session soon?

Kasandra said...

I would be happy to teach anyone interested...they are the most snuggly blankets. Awesome for cool camping nights, snuggling up for a movie, getting warm after playing out in the snow, or traveling! My boys each pack their fleece blanket and pillow for trips! Just let me know when and where.

Jill H said...

yes, those are some snuggly blankies. i'd like to make a big one for me but it seemed expensive when i made one for Xave...like $25?? and his is kid-sized. did i do it wrong or is that how much it costs, or more??

Kasandra said...

truly it all depends on the fleece price at the time....right now Joanns has the premade kits like 40% off....they were under $20 for the Queen size.
I made a Red Hat Society one for my mom it was about $15.00!

Archives

My Blog List