Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A STAR


Steven's 4th Grade Spring Program- He had a solo speaking piece- it was awesome. He was one of the very few kids that was able to memorize all of his lines and not have to take his paper up to the stage with him.....that was until he actually got up in front of ALL of those quiet people focused on JUST HIM....he started out speaking beautifully, fluently and all of a sudden he FROZE...and all of his lines just slipped his memory! My poor baby! He looked at me with terror in his eyes and mouthed...."I forgot!" the teacher tried to help, FINALLY she got up and handed him a copy of his lines and the show went on......what a trooper....not a tear shed...however, the rosiness in his cheeks did not fade until he was fast asleep last night! I was so pleased though with the other students and family members....after the show they were praising him and telling he did a great job and how brave he was to try without a paper....memorizing all of his lines. YOU ARE A STAR- STEVEN!
Stage fright happens to even the biggest stars!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Awww! That's awesome! He did better than I would have...I would have begged to get out of the speaking piece all together! Great pic too!

Jill H said...

yeah, i would have ran off! good for him to keep going =)

Archives

My Blog List