Monday, May 01, 2006

Sauder Village in OHIO

Just had to share- we had a ball in Sauder Village. I packed the DVD player and SpongeBob DVDs- it was an awesome 1 hour plus ride! Mom and I caught up on a lot of chit chat and laughs!! The kids were great! I had Steve, one other boy and three girls..all in all they were all good kids. I think the only trouble we ran into was one girl did not pack a sack lunch ( did not mention it until we were in Ohio)- but of course that was easily overcome....Mom and I just shared one and gave her the other- luckily she was not a fussy child. :-)
The kids had a great time...Steve and I just loved the print shop....I was amazed at how struck he was by the process....he was in awe...the gentleman kept his attention the entire time and he asked questions....Steve was the only kid that stayed the entire time and listened to the whole presentation! He is still talking about the printing presses and the inks and on and on! :-)
Mom- if you get to read and view this....thank you again for joining us....I could not have done this without you!! Love ya!! It was a memory that Steve will have forever as well.
Below are a few of the pics we took while we were there.....it was a beautiful place to visit!!

Upcoming.....May 18th I go to a Tigers game with 8th graders!!
June 1st we are off to Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum
HOORAY!


Beautiful trees in bloom!
Steve milking a (fake) cow....UGH, they were squirting each
other with the milk (water) - we had to move on!

Steve and Grandma 'North'
'My 5 kids' for the day
Beautiful!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love Sauders Village...it reminds me that I still think it would have been fun to grow up in the "Laura Ingles Wilder" times. I love those long dresses...but I would probably have to pin them into capris because the skirt thing would be in the way. Glad you had a great day.

Beth said...

Shut up, I haven't been there is so long, I'm JEALOUS! Last time I went, my mom, gramps and gram, and sisters went, and Susan came down with chicken pox!!! I would LOVE to go back, maybe this summer? Glad you had a good time Miss Kandi, especially with your mom!

Jill H said...

awesome pics, Miss Kandi =)
i love the b/w ones!!!
so fun, Sauder Village sounds fun & so do your upcoming plans.
love the fake cow picture too, ha ha!!!

Archives

My Blog List