Saturday, March 17, 2007

Luck O the Irish to you all!

Happy St. Patty's Day to all of you!!

Irish Proverbs
A soft answer turns away anger.
Both your friend and your enemy think that you will never die.
The mouth that speaks is not as sweet to hear.
A friends eye is a good mirror.
The older the fiddle the sweeter the tune.
You'll never plough a field by turning it over In your mind.
It's no use boiling your cabbage twice.
Gods help is nearer than the door.
You cant' take blood from a stone.
If you lie with dogs you'll rise with fleas.
Neither give cherries to pigs nor advice to fools.
The longest road out is the shortest road home.
May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you wherever you go.
May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine down upon your face,
And the rain fall soft upon your fields,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.
-Irish Blessing
Yes, I am IRISH- with a maiden name like McKessy and a red head son? LOL
Just a plain old busy Saturday here. Started out as I was very grouchy....I got some ugly news yesterday about my dad's surgery, I worked until 7 last night, then stayed up til midnight working on our computer and laundry, Riley woke me up a 3am to potty and then she was buck wild at 6am. I finally talked Steve into getting up with her and I stayed and slept till 9. I woke up feeling MUCH better. Thank goodness, I almost could NOT stand myself.
My dad's pathology report came back positive for the BIG 'C'. He is on quite an emotional roller coaster....he is mad, he is scared and he is 'ok' with the news all in one converstaion. I am so worried about him.....that is such a huge balst to get and he is alone....I know I would need Steve to hold me up if ever I was blasted with this news. Good news, it is a slow moving kind!!
Tuesday I have to take Gram to the Gyn Oncologist....help!! This is one very trying time for me...my roller coaster of emotions has me just plain wiped out!! I don't dare say "what's next!!??"
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
By the way, Beth and Jill....had a great time on Thursday night....let's do something fun like that again!! (but yes, my belly was little yucky when I settled in too!!)

No comments:

My Blog List