Tuesday, March 13, 2007

SPRING and a beautiful day off




Voila- a spring day in March!! Loving the fact that it was in the 70s today and I decided to stay home.

Spent the morning cleaning house, and sorting out old clothes....then took Gram to the dr in the afternoon.....but oh have we all enjoyed the sunshine this afternoon/ evening.

Steve is grilling burgers and I have beans and potato salad to go along with them.....oh doesn't that just help with the spring feeling.
The boys have been having a ball with Riley in the backyard. She may seem like a ladies dog and be a prissy breed (my boys talking) but she is as wild as Mandy (our lab mix) was when she was a pup. Riley and Steve II were playing tag and it was so darn cute....then she played hide n seek and I swear she speaks English and knows how.....it was so stinkin cute.
Dad is still improving nicely, he called me today to share a little issue he was having- nothing major just a little set back or so he feels. He was doing so well so quickly and then I think today he was doing more since he sent the nurse home (me)and I think his body is adjusting.
Had to take Gram back again to the dr....not so good. Looks like I will need another day off soon...they are sending her to Lansing to a Gynecology Oncologist, Dr. Pugmire. Keep your fingers crossed and prayers coming....I have already lost one Grandma to female cancer, so this is a struggle for me. Much more involved in seeing the drs and such with the Gram though, as my mom was with her mom. My dad just having surgery and his sister is in S.Carolina makes my cousin Kim and I the main caregivers now....so...we will see.....
Just a few snapshots from outside today.......sure hope tomorrow brings a repeat!!

2 comments:

Jill H said...

ahhhh, LOVE the pic of miss Riley in the sunshine!!! sounds like you enjoyed the spring day! it sure was nice. i'll be praying for your grandma, hope it goes well. and hope that your dad gets better!!!

Beth said...

Awesome pictures! Sending positive thoughts your way for Gram and Dad. Hang in there, you're doing a great job!!!

My Blog List