Thursday, January 19, 2006

Rough and Tough?

NOT! How surprised was I when my quiet, laid back son announced to me when he walked in the door last night......"Mom, I have good news and bad news! Which do you want first?"
UGH-I of course said bad, because then the good will help ease the prior bad news. He blurted out " Well I hit someone and got in trouble! BUT>>>> good news, I get to stay in from recess the rest of the week and that's it."
I truly was shocked! He is not my aggressive child...at all.
However, the storyline goes....Jake approached 3 kids that were talking (free time in class) 2 being girls that are good freinds of his and one boy. The boy told Jake to Go AWAY- and Jake asked "why?" and the kid slugged him in the stomach. Jake was embarassed and mad so he walked away and sat on his desk. Those old male genes were kicking....he was embarassed and mad....this kid punched him AND in front of girls...so he walked back over and said "Don't hit me, unless you want it back!" and slugged the kid in the stomach back! Well, the boy went and told....now Jake is in trouble.
The topper of this....the teacher sent home a typed note to explain the incident and his disappointment in our son that he was feeling- WHATEVER!!....as I was reading I started laughing loudly(in private- no kids)....OK, Kyle Hamlin, so Paragon does stink....they cannot even afford computers with spell check...there were 5 typos in the letter the TEACHER sent home. I wanted to circle the errors and send it back- but Steve wouldn't let me....lol My kids are growing UP too fast!! HELP!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I am glad to hear I'm not the only one that proofreads every note my kids bring home. The only problem is I'm sure that I've sent some home too. Good thing I don't teach ENGLISH! Imagine the pressure there?!

Beth said...

Kyle Hamlin DID tell you that, didn't he? Oh knowledgeable one! :) Hopefully you can make some changes and find a good fit next year. Hang in there Mom!!

Archives

My Blog List