Sunday, January 08, 2006

they day was going so good and then.....



I woke this morning and was on a roll....made brownies, had a healthy breakfast, made my meatloaf and had it in the fridge so we could go spend the afternoon with Gram...paid all my bills....meanwhile Steve and Kody ran to Lowe's, grabbed a new fixture, had it hung up and when they were cleaning up...it happened......
Steve sliced his thumb and Kody freaked! It was a bleeder!! He had it all over(spattered all over the kitchen, his face, the ceiling and UGH!).....the say he nicked an artery! EWWWWW! He got 6 stitches and Tetanus shot, I thought he was going down twice....but he survived. A little ghostly and whooped but he is home chillin. Poor Sluggo...for any of you who have seen the Blue Collar Comedy tour....you'll understand his new nickname! LOL
We still made the visit with Gram....played a 2 1/2 hr game of Scrabble and I WON! :-) I missed most of the sunshine today....or I was in the van rolling here and there...BUT I did see it! Hope everyone else had a good Sunday!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my gosh! That is HORRIBLE! Poor Steve, and just tryin' to make the wife happy I bet, huh? :) Hang in there and hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Kristin said...

I'm sure glad that happened in your kitchen and not mine. Who would have driven the van to the hospital...I would have been on the kitchen floor. Hope you feel better soon Steve!

Archives

My Blog List